Whenever the subject of writing articles or sales copy arises, the general reaction almost invariably is "Oh, I can't write/wont write/I'm hopeless at it, etc.
But let's face it, most of us had to do it at school...like any task it can be learned.
For those with an inbuilt aversion to putting pen to paper, I shall be offering alternative methods designed to getting around this in my next few postings.
But, for those of you who feel that you have the aptitude, but are perhaps a little rusty on compiling and writing copy, let me offer the following :
Before ever putting pen to paper (I'm old-fashioned, I write longhand, edit, proofread and only then commit it to screen) you must decide on your subject.
This should not be a difficult choice...after all, you know your product inside-out (or should !), and you also know which marketing strategies work for your particular niche...so write about what you know.
But writing an article that is informative and captures the interest of your readers needs to be well researched to ensure that the information you are offering is fresh, up to date and correct in its details.
It also needs to be in a style that is well laid out and flows in a logical sequence.
For this to occur every writer needs to sink a few pints of creativity...for some this flows naturally, where others tear their hair out, both literally and figuratively, while suffering from the dreaded Writers' Block.
Forming words and sentences that put images in the readers' mind is an art which requires a certain flair that only a healthy dose of creativity can provide.
How a writer splices together words, sentences and paragraphs to create an article will determine the articles fate...if the author gets the equation right, then he has a succesful, popular piece of prose, if he doesn't... !
But getting back to the dreaded Writers' Block...what do you do when faced with a blank sheet of paper, with nothing coming to mind ?
This self-same problem has turned authors, many of them famous, to drink (cheers!)
But for every problem there is a solution, and in my next posting we shall look at these.
Until then...don't despair !
"For the best work-from-home opportunities", visit:
http://www.info4income.co.uk/sales
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Frank,
What a really good article....I really like your writing style.
How many pints of creativity did you sink before you wrote that one?
Look forward to reading more.
Greg
http://www.gregmckenzie.co.uk
Hi Frank,
Really good article....I like your style of writing. But I do have one question for you?
How many pints of creativity did you have before you wrote this article?
Look forward to reading more of your posts.
Regards
Greg
greg@gregmckenzie.co.uk
Post a Comment